Community First Credit Union
Community First Credit Union, is a member-owned financial cooperative that is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. It offers a comprehensive selection of products, including deposit and loan services for consumers and businesses, as well as investments, insurance, retirement planning and financial counseling. Founded by Raymond A Vinson in 1935 as Teachers Credit Union, is one of the best mortgage lender's and one of largest credit unions in Jacksonville, Florida. It is regulated by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
|Founder||Raymond A Vinson|
Number of locations
|19 full-service branches|
|Products||Savings account; Checking accoun; Loan; mortgages; credit card's; investing; retirement planning; financial counseling; online banking; insurance; underwriting; money markets; certification of deposits;|
|Total assets||$2.3B USD (March. 2016)|
Number of employees
Raymond A Vinson Scholarship Before his death in 1992, Raymond A. Vinson was a nationally recognized credit union pioneer. He helped form the Duval County Teachers Credit Union, In a high school basement now known as Community First Credit Union of Florida.
John Hirabayashi moved to Jacksonville in 1996 and was named the CEO and president of Community First Credit Union, at the time Community First Credit Union did not offer any mortgages, investments or business lending. In The early 2000's when online banking was becoming more popular and the financial markets began to crash, he grew the financial institution's assets from about $200 million to about $1.3 billion in about 20 years time. In 2011 the credit union loaned out more than $700 million and held about 1 billion in total assets. In November of 2019 Community First Credit Union completed and opened its new headquarters expansion building in LaVilla .As of September 2021, Community First Credit Union appoints African American business women Lori Smith as its senior vice president of human resources and training.
In 2005, Educational Community Credit Union, merged with St. Johns County Teachers Credit Union, in which they acquired 3,848 members and $14 million in assets. Later In 2005, after its name change to Community First Credit Union of Florida, CFCUF acquired 8 Flags Credit Union, in which it acquired 4,000 members and $25 million in assets.
Originally, membership to Community First Credit Union of Florida was restricted to educators in Duval, Clay, and St. John’s County when it was named the Duval County Teachers Credit Union. Today, it offers membership to any resident in Duval, Clay, St. Johns, Baker and Nassau counties in Florida currently in 2021.
The Routing of Community First Credit Union is 263078934
Community First Credit Union may be contacted by phone at 904.354.8537 or toll free at 800.342.8416, Community First Credit Union of Florida is only open Monday to Saturday and is always closed on Sunday. And The Downtown, Riverside & UNF branches are always closed on Saturday. Community First Credit Union can generally be reached by email at CommunityFirst@c1cufl.org
- Rankings, Lender (24 January 2021). "Top Mortgage Lenders in Jacksonville, FL". Mortgage Waldo. Retrieved 12 December 2021.
- "5 Best Credit Unions & Banks in Jacksonville, FL (& 1 to Avoid) | 2018 Ranking". Advisory HQ. Retrieved 12 December 2021.
- "About Us". Community First Credit Union. Retrieved 12 December 2021.
- Gilliam, Derek (8 March 2016). "Community First's CEO on business growth". Jacksonville Business Journal: 1 – via Reporter.
- "Community First Credit Union of Florida". Community Wealth. Retrieved 12 December 2021.
- Coppola, Maria (15 September 2020). "Community First Credit Union Completes, Opens Additional HQ Building in LaVilla". Community First Credit Union. Retrieved 12 December 2021.
- Mathis, Karen Brune (28 September 2021). "Community First Credit Union appoints senior vice president". Jacksonville Daily Record. Retrieved 12 December 2021.
- "Educational Community Credit Union". Credit Unions Online. Retrieved 12 December 2021.